E-mail MeJesse J.T. Smith
Jesse Smith’s practice focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation matters.
Born and raised in the snowy Northeast, Mr. Smith obtained his B.A. with honors from Hamilton College, where he mastered in East Asian Studies and wrote an award winning paper on the Bakumatsu period of Japanese history.
Prior to moving to Hawaii, Mr. Smith lived and worked in Japan for four years, and was a participant on the Japan Exchange Teaching Programme, earning certificates in both Japanese language interpretation and translation.
Mr. Smith obtained his law degree, cum laude, from the University of Hawaii’s William S. Richardson School of Law. While in law school, Mr. Smith served as an Editor-in-Chief of the Asian-Pacific Law and Policy Journal, co-authored a published translation of a leading Japanese constitutional law article, and was an award-winning member of the Native American Moot Court team.
Prior to joining McCorriston Miller Mukai MacKinnon LLP in 2011, Mr. Smith clerked for the Honorable Lisa M. Ginoza of the Intermediate Court of Appeals, State of Hawaii.
Mr. Smith is a member of the Hawaii State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. He is admitted to practice before all Hawaii courts as well as the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii.
Areas of Practice
- Hawaii, 2010
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii, 2010
- University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law, Honolulu, Hawaii
- J.D. cum laude - 2010
- Honors: Pacific Asian Legal Studies Certificate - 2010
- Law Journal: Asian-Pacific Law & Policy Journal, Co-Editor-in-Chief, 2009 - 2010
- Hamilton College, Clinton, New York
- B.A. (with honors) - 2000
- Major: East Asian Studies
- Minor: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Screen Actors Guild
Past Employment Positions
- Intermediate Court of Appeals, State of Hawaii, Law Clerk to the Honorable Lisa M. Ginoza, 2010 - 2011