Peter J. Hamasaki
Mr. Hamasaki graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, with an A.B. in Economics, and from the Stanford Law School, where he was a member of the Stanford Journal of International Law and a member and associate editor of the Stanford Law Review.
After beginning work with the firm in 1991, Mr. Hamasaki worked for Nagashima & Ohno (nka Nagashima, Ohno & Tsunematsu) in Tokyo, Japan, in 1994-95, as a foreign associate, during which time his work involved transactions by a number of Japanese companies with overseas real estate investments in Hawaii, the mainland United States, Europe and Asia.
Mr. Hamasaki’s present practice focuses on transactional work, including commercial real estate acquisitions and financing, governmental relations and commercial litigation.
Mr. Hamasaki previously served as a director of the Real Property and Financial Services Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association. He is currently a Commissioner of the State of Hawaii Commission to Promote Uniform Legislation and served on the Uniform Law Commission’s drafting committees for the Model Business Registered Agents Act and the Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts. In addition, Mr. Hamasaki is a Board Member and the Chair of the Government Affairs Committee of the Honolulu Japanese Chamber of Commerce.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Litigation
- Government Relations
- Technology Contracts
- Hawaii, 1991
- Stanford Law School, Stanford, California
- J.D. - 1991
- Law Review: Stanford Law Review, Member, 1989 - 1990
- Law Review: Stanford Law Review, Associate Editor, 1990 - 1991
- Law Journal: Stanford Journal of International Law, Member, 1989
- University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- B.A. - 1988
- Honors: Highest Honors
Honors and Awards
- Hilmer Oehlmann, Jr. Prize, 1988
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Section on Real Property and Financial Services, Member
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Nagashima & Ohno, Tokyo, Japan, Foreign Associate, 1994 - 1995
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Delta Epsilon