Troy J.H. Andrade
Troy J.H. Andrade's practice area focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation, administrative law, and appellate litigation.
Mr. Andrade graduated magna cum laude from Pacific Lutheran University with a degree in Economics and Political Science, and received his law degree from the University of Hawai`i William S. Richardson School of Law, where he received awards for achieving the highest grades in Administrative Law, Second Year Seminar, and Legal Practice. While in law school, Mr. Andrade also served as managing editor for the University of Hawai`i Law Review, worked as a research assistant to Fred T. Korematsu Professor of Law and Social Justice Eric K. Yamamoto, and authored an award-winning article.
After law school, Mr. Andrade clerked for the Honorable Mark E. Recktenwald, Chief Justice of the Hawai`i Supreme Court. In 2013, Mr. Andrade joined McCorriston Miller Mukai MacKinnon LLP, where he has, among other things, settled several complex business and construction disputes, authored various successful dispositive and procedural motions, and obtained a unanimous opinion of the Hawai‘i Supreme Court in a multi-million dollar land use matter. Though early in his career, Mr. Andrade has teamed with other M4 attorneys to represent clients on the most contentious issues in Hawai‘i, including the regulation of genetically modified organisms and pesticides, homelessness, and Native Hawaiian self-determination. For his accomplishments, Super Lawyers recognized Mr. Andrade as a Rising Star in Business Litigation and Pacific Business News has named Mr. Andrade one of its top forty business leaders under the age of forty.
Mr. Andrade serves on the firm’s hiring committee. As part of his commitment to the community, Mr. Andrade is co-chair of the Hawai`i State Bar Association's Civic Education Committee, where he has coordinated several programs to elevate civic education in public discourse. Mr. Andrade has also been appointed to serve on the five-member Executive Board of the Judiciary History Center.
Mr. Andrade is admitted to practice before all of the courts in the State of Hawai`i as well as the United States District Court for the District of Hawai`i, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Commercial Litigation | Administrative Law | Appellate Litigation
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii, 2011
- Hawaii, 2011
- University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law, Honolulu, Hawaii
- J.D. - 2011
- Law Journal: Journal: University of Hawai'i Law Review, Managing Editor
- Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, Washington
- B.A. magna cum laude - 2007
- Major: Economics and Political Science
- Minor: Music
- Ke Kanawai Mamalahoe: Equality in Our Splintered Profession, 33 U. HAW. L. REV. 249 (2010)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Hawai'i State Bar Association
- Native Hawaiian Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Hawai'i Supreme Court, Law Clerk to the Honorable Mark E. Recktenwald
- Office of the Governor, Policy Intern
- Hawai'i State House of Representatives, Legislative Assistant