Hawaii Health Care Law Firm
M4's Health Care Practice Group provides corporate, regulatory, and civil litigation services to health industry clients. The health care marketplace is marked by considerable competition and dramatic regulatory change. Our firm combines lawyers from several practice areas to provide business and legal solutions in the context of these market demands and evolving regulatory framework.
Litigation and Regulatory Compliance
Our health care litigators provide specialized representation in regulatory investigations, administrative hearings, and complex litigation in state and federal courts. Litigation representation includes the following:
- Representation concerning Hawai'i's Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Counseling regarding State of Hawai'i Insurance Division disputes and regulatory audits.
- Advice related to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). Assistance with understanding and implementing PPACA's complex provisions, rules and effective dates.
- Assistance with claims disputes, eligibility determinations and fraud investigations.
Internal and external appeals; Independent Review Organizations (IROs).
Corporate / Business
- Provide assistance and advice to clients regarding government contracting procedures and requirements, contract and program administration and compliance with the federal and state procurement regulations and codes, and interface with federal and state agencies including the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the State of Hawai'i Department of Human Services and the State of Hawai'i Department of Health.