Kelsey S. Yamaguchi is an associate in the firm’s transactional department. Her practice focuses primarily on immigration and naturalization, real estate development and financing, conveyancing, land use and entitlements, and corporate and securities law.
Born and raised in Kailua, O'ahu, Mrs. Yamaguchi graduated magna cum laude from Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts with a bachelor of arts degree in history and archaeology. Mrs. Yamaguchi then attended the University of Hawai'i, William S. Richardson School of Law ("Richardson"). She received awards for achieving the highest grades in Constitutional Law I, Environmental Law, Immigration Law, and Land Use Management & Control. As a member of Richardson's Native American Moot Court Team, Mrs. Yamaguchi won Second Place Best Team with partner Jordan K. Inafuku at the National Native American Moot Court Competition in 2014. Mrs. Yamaguchi also served as the co-managing editor for the law review, the treasurer of Advocates for Public Interest Law, and a tutor for Richardson's Ulu Lehua Program. In 2015, Mrs. Yamaguchi graduated summa cum laude from Richardson.
Following law school, Mrs. Yamaguchi clerked for the Honorable Michael D. Wilson, Associate Justice of the Hawai'i Supreme Court.
The firm hired Mrs. Yamaguchi as a summer associate in 2013 and 2014 before she started as an associate.
- Hawaii, 2015
University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law, Honolulu, Hawaii
- J.D. summa cum laude - 2015
- Honors: George C. Munro Award for Environmental Law
- Law Review: University of Hawai'i Law Review, Co-Managing Editor
Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts
- B.A. magna cum laude - 2011
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors: Witherby Prize for Excellence in Archaeology
Kailua High School, Kailua, Hawaii
Past Employment Positions
- Hawai'i Supreme Court, Law Clerk to the Honorable Michael D. Wilson
- Hawai'i Intermediate Court of Appeals, Judicial Extern to the Honorable Lisa M. Ginoza
- Office of Mazie K. Hirono, United States House of Representatives, Research & Media Assistant
Pro Bono Activities
- Office of Environmental Quality Control, Pro Bono Volunteer