Becky T. Chestnut is a former partner, and is currently of counsel, in the litigation practice group. Her experience includes complex, high-profile cases, including wrongful death and other torts, land use and native Hawaiian rights. Becky has been identified as a “future star” by Benchmark Litigation. She presently resides on the mainland, and specializes in drafting appellate and other briefs for a variety of clients.
Prior to graduating from law school and joining McCorriston, Becky served for many years as the Housing Manager for Marine Corps Base, Hawaii.
- Hawaii, 2002
- U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2004
- J.D. (2002) University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law, with Honors, Law Review - Co-Editor-in-Chief
- B.A. (1996) Humanities and History, Hawaii Pacific University, magna cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hawaii State Association
- American Bar Association
- Professional Housing Management Association, 1989 - 1999
Constitutional Law and Civil Rights
Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Litigation
- Casenote, University of Hawaii Law Review, Vol. 23, No. 1