Kelsey S. Yamaguchi is an associate in the firm’s transactional and litigation departments.
Born and raised in Kailua, Hawaii, Kelsey graduated magna cum laude from Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts with a bachelor of arts degree in history and archaeology. She subsequently worked for then-U.S. Representative Mazie K. Hirono in her Hawaii office.
Kelsey attended the University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law (“Richardson”). She received awards for achieving the highest grades in Constitutional Law I, Environmental Law, Immigration Law, and Land Use Management & Control. As a member of Richardson’s Native American Moot Court Team, Kelsey won Second Place Best Team with partner Jordan K. Inafuku at the National Native American Moot Court Competition in 2014. Kelsey served as the co-managing editor for the law review, the treasurer of Advocates for Public Interest Law, and a tutor for Richardson’s Ulu Lehua Program. While in law school, she externed with the Honorable Lisa Ginoza of the Hawaii Intermediate Court of Appeals. In 2015, Kelsey graduated summa cum laude from Richardson.
Following law school, Kelsey clerked for the Honorable Michael D. Wilson, Associate Justice of the Hawaii Supreme Court.
Kelsey was a summer associate at M4 in 2013 and 2014 before joining us as an associate.
- U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii, 2019
- Hawaii, 2015
- J.D. (2015) University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law, summa cum laude, George C. Munro Award for Environmental Law
- B.A. (2011) Tufts University, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Witherby Prize for Excellency in Archeology
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Real Property and Financial Services Section, Member
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Environmental, Energy and Resources Section, Member
- Hawaii Women Lawyers, Member
Administrative, Regulatory and Government Affairs
Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Litigation
- Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Land Use and Entitlements
- Residential, Retail and Commercial Leasing
- Residential, Commercial and Hotel Development