Lisa joined M4 in 2000 and became a partner in 2003. She has a diverse litigation practice, primarily defending clients in commercial, employment, disability, insurance defense, constitutional/civil rights and land use matters. Her clients include individuals, insurance companies, retailers, hotels, restaurants, commercial lessors, developers, associations of homeowners/timeshare owners, luxury destination clubs and municipalities.
Prior to joining M4, Lisa served for two years as the part-time federal magistrate judge (United States District Court, District of Hawaii) located in Kwajalein, Republic of the Marshall Islands. She also clerked for senior Judge Roger D. Foley, United States District Court, District of Nevada, and held associate attorney positions with law firms in San Francisco and Honolulu. Lisa was selected to Super Lawyers in 2015, 2017 and 2018.
- Hawaii, 1994
- Colorado, 1994
- California, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2011
- U.S. Tax Court, 2006
- U.S. District Court of Hawaii, 1994
- U.S. District Court, N.D. California, 1993
- J.D. (1990) University of California, Hastings College of the Law, Hastings International and Comparative Law Journal - Associate Executive Editor
- B.S. (1986) Oregon State University, High Honors
Constitutional Law & Civil Rights
Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Litigation
- Products Liability, Personal Injury and Insurance Defense
- Professional Liability