Darren is a partner in the firm’s Corporate and Public Finance groups. His practice includes providing legal and business advice on start-up issues, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, securities law matters, corporate governance and other business transactions. He also represents issuers and underwriters in connection with public offerings of municipal securities.
Prior to joining McCorriston, Darren served as General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer of Optimum Communications Technologies, Inc. in San Francisco. He also practiced law at Fenwick & West LLP in Palo Alto and San Francisco as an associate in the corporate securities group; Pillsbury Winthrop LLP in San Francisco as an associate in the corporate securities group; and Ginsburg Feldman and Bress in Washington DC as an associate and summer associate in the communications group.
Darren lives in Santa Monica with his wife and son. He practices in Los Angeles and Honolulu.
- Hawaii, 2004
- California, 1997
- District of Columbia, 1996
- Maryland, 1994
- J.D. (1994) University of Pennsylvania Law School
Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review
- B.A. (1991) Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, summa cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vice Chair - Legislation of the California Lawyers Association, Business Law Section, Corporations Committee
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the State Bar of California
- Member of the Hawaii State Bar
- Member of the District of Columbia Bar (inactive)
Member of the Maryland State Bar (inactive)
- Business Formation & Reorganization
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Securities Law
- Startups and Venture Capital