M4’s health care attorneys provide corporate, regulatory and litigation services to Hawaii clients in the health industry. The health care marketplace is marked by considerable competition and dramatic regulatory change. Our firm combines lawyers from several practice areas to provide business and legal solutions in the context of these market demands and evolving regulatory framework.
- Our health care litigators provide specialized representation in regulatory investigations, administrative hearings, and complex litigation in state and federal courts. Litigation representation includes the following:
- Representation concerning Hawaii's Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Counseling regarding State of Hawaii Insurance Division disputes and regulatory audits.
- Advice related to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). Assistance with understanding and implementing PPACA's complex provisions, rules and effective dates.
- Assistance with claims disputes, eligibility determinations and fraud investigations.
- Internal and external appeals; Independent Review Organizations (IROs).
- Provide assistance and advice to clients regarding government contracting procedures and requirements, contract and program administration and compliance with the federal and state procurement regulations and codes, and interface with federal and state agencies including the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the State of Hawaii Department of Human Services and the State of Hawaii Department of Health.